2021-22 Sewanee Community Chest Grant Cycle Open
For more than a century, the Sewanee Civic Association (SCA) has overseen the distribution of grants to nonprofit organizations across the South Cumberland Plateau. The SCA is delighted to sponsor the 2021-22 Sewanee Community Chest grant cycle.
Nonprofit organizations serving the Mountain are encouraged to apply. Grants typically range from $200 to $25,000. Last year, the average grant size was about $4,000.
The application deadline is September 10, 2021.
Grant funds will be distributed starting April 2022, contingent on funding availability.
This year, organizations can apply online with this form https://forms.gle/9mmLmTbeTGQppuQh9. It does require you to have a Gmail email account.
Alternatively, you may download the following document: 2021-2022 Sewanee Community Chest Grant Application
The application is a Microsoft Word document. Download the file to your computer and rename it with your organization name, i.e., XYZ Organization Request. Once you have filled out the application, send your request and all attachments to [email protected]. Please use the subject line “[Your Organization Name] Community Chest Request 2021-22.”
You can also mail your request to: Sewanee Community Chest, P.O. Box 99, Sewanee, TN 37375.
Along with this application, please attach:
- Your organization’s IRS Letter of Determination (if applicable)
- Your organization’s most recent financial statement, including expenses and revenues
- Your current organizational budget, including (optionally) any budget narrative that will help us understand your expenses
- A Board of Directors list with names, affiliations, and addresses
- Two or more high resolution photos of your organization’s activities that we may include in Sewanee Community Chest promotional materials (e.g., our Community Chest thermometer, social media, etc.)
The Sewanee Community Chest is made possible by donations from the community. The more money raised, the more money we can distribute. For more information, email [email protected].